Friday, October 3, 2008

Spray and Wash warning

This is an important warning to EVERYONE!!! Another reason I buy Shaklee products (love2gogreen.com)
"Well I just wanted to write and warn all moms about the bullet I THANKFULLY dodged tonight. Micah (my 2 yr old) got a hold of a Spray and Wash bottle this afternoon and sprayed Kaitlynn(my 1 yr old) with it. Her hair was soaked so I gave her a bath being careful not to get in her eyes. She seemed fine so I did not think anything more of it. Well a few hours later both her eyes were so swollen she could barely open them and they were really red. She was screaming and hurting so bad I wanted to cry with her! So I called poison control. They said get her to the hospital immediately. So we did and they took her straight back. Here I am thinking it is just irritation from soap what harm could it be. WELL little did I know!! There are 2 types of spray and wash one with enzymes and one without. The one with enzymes literally eats your eyes. The DR told me if that was the one they got a hold of then she is already blind and they would have to get an eye surgeon there right away! I was terrified. My DH had to run home to go get the bottle and bring it back to the hospital. In the meantime they put Lidocaine and some drops in her eyes to make them glow so they could look at them. Well THANK GOD it was not the Spray and Wash with the enzymes! She is just hurting really bad and they said it will heal with time. When I got home I checked the other bottle of Spray and Wash we have and it DOES have the enzymes and carries a warning that says it is corrosive to the eyes. So I just want to warn other moms out there and tell you to check yours! If it does have the enzymes the DR said to throw it away or bolt it down because it is EXTREMELY dangerous! I would have never thought it would be but I learned a lesson tonight and just wanted to share it with you!!!!!!"

No comments: